
Here is the quilt that I pieced together at the quilt retreat in March, now completely finished and on Alexandra's bed. Next to Holly's quilt, this is the fastest I've ever completed an entire quilt. A friend of mine actually did the quilting as the quilt was much too large for me to do on my machine (its 84 inches square) My goal was to have a blanket that would completely cover the double bed ... and this one does with more to spare! Now when Grama and Grandpa come to visit there should be lots of covers for both of them:) I spent last night sewing on the pieced binding (to use up the mound of scraps I had from making the quilt) - it was quite a job. There was almost 29 feet of binding so its no wonder that it took almost 3 1/2 hours of continuous sewing to finish it. So finally at 12:30 am I snuck into Alex's room and exchanged her blanket for this one so that she would wake up with it on. At about 6:45 am I heard a "Cool" come for her room ... guess she likes it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment