I started working on this quilt back in March at my quilt retreat .... sadly after two days of sewing I had only completed 32 propellors and 4 planes (they are trickier than they look!). Since then I have been chipping away at it, block by block, until the realization set in that June had arrived and I still wasn't done! Yikes! So for the past week I've pretty much sewn my face off during any spare time and completed the final line of stitching tonight an hour before my quilt guild meeting. I needed to show it off! Now all thats left is to have it quilted by a friend of mine before it is given to an un-named person for his birthday ..... I may just have to borrow it back for the quilt show we are hosting in October!
Friday, June 6, 2008
Sewing Crazy
I started working on this quilt back in March at my quilt retreat .... sadly after two days of sewing I had only completed 32 propellors and 4 planes (they are trickier than they look!). Since then I have been chipping away at it, block by block, until the realization set in that June had arrived and I still wasn't done! Yikes! So for the past week I've pretty much sewn my face off during any spare time and completed the final line of stitching tonight an hour before my quilt guild meeting. I needed to show it off! Now all thats left is to have it quilted by a friend of mine before it is given to an un-named person for his birthday ..... I may just have to borrow it back for the quilt show we are hosting in October!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment