Sunday, July 20, 2008

Day 2 on the boat


Its been another great day on the waterways of France. We travelled through 8 more locks today with the two most exciting ones Mitch did completely alone. The girls and I were biking along the tow path when we came across the next set of locks that were at the end of a bridge. There was no way I could easily get back on the boat to help so he was on his own. To complicate matters it ws the first time we had be in a lock with another boat. Thank goodness Mitch likes challenges! This one had him going down 9.23 metres (about 30 feet) by himself - by far the largest locks we've encountered. Tomorrow we are hoping to moor near a larger town and find a grocery of some sort so we can replentish our stock.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

My goodness it does sound like you are having a great time. I have always wanted to do one of the boat tours but ours will have to be with a tour as neither Bob nor I have any french. How are the girls making out with their french? Glad you were able to find a wireless connection it is fun watching you move along. Take care and see you when you get home.