This arctic air mass that has now arrived in Vancouver has definitely made things feel more winter like. We now have a skiff of snow covering the lawns, the thermometer is below zero and the roads are sheer ice! The best part is the sun - it is out and beaming down on us all. Now THIS is the kind of winter weather I like (though I could do without the roads of ice).I've finished up our Christmas cards and am so thankful for the internet. To be able to send them out with a personal message to each recipient without having to run out for more stamps. Even better is hearing back from people right away - so cool!
Yesterday morning was the Santa's breakfast at the elementary school where we were able to get a small pancake breakfast before the girls started on the cookies! In their minds, all breakfasts should end with a treat :) Alexandra helped sell cookies for the grade 5 bake sale - raising money for their grad party at the end of the year.
Not before she had bought one or two to eat as well. Before we left they were able to have a few moments with Santa to talk about what they wanted for Christmas. I don't think any secrets were shared as they both were aware that it was just Tessa's teacher dressed up :)
No comments:
Post a Comment