You wouldn't believe what happened to me though! As I was walking out of the lodge on the way to find my skiis for the afternoon, I heard a crack. It ended up being my boots ....the toe on one of them cracked and completely exposed the inner boot. I went into find out what it would cost for boot rental for the afternoon - $22!!! NO WAY ... so I asked if they had any duct tape so that I could hold it together and spend the rest of the afternoon on the bunny hill with my kids. I indicated that I was not interested in paying the $ for the remaining time. The guy said that it would be completely unsafe and opted to give me a complimentary pair of boots for the afternoon! Cool! So with that I was able to join the family for the rest of the afternoon - thank goodness. I'm just glad it didn't crack as I was skiing somewhere on the hill!
Guess I'm buying some new boots soon! Sure hope I can find a sale :)
1 comment:
Seems that the plastic has about a 12 - 15 year life span. Mark had the same thing happen to his boot at Xmas when they were skiing. Given that ours are also of that vintage, we should be prepared for this when we finally get back on the hill.
Post a Comment