Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Family










After our trip to Saskatchewan we made a pit stop in Calgary to check out the Stampede with the girls. I was very excited to see the family photos taken back in April for Dorothy's birthday - you know me, waiting for pictures is torture! They turned out very well and I did my very best to take a decent picture of the picture (too big to scan). A pretty good looking bunch don't you think? I hear horror stories about some people's families from friends and colleagues - mistrust, anger, disrespect, etc and am soooo glad that these are just stories I hear but have never experienced. I feel so blessed to have joined and been taken in by this Burton family. From the very start I felt welcomed and now after all of these years, feel like I've been always been a member. Each person, young and old, in this photo brings something special to the family table, and we are all better for it. Even though we don't get together often, its sure nice to know that all of these wonderful people are my people.

1 comment:

Tanya Johnson said...

Sometimes a person lucks out and falls into a wonderful situation with fabulous people. Your inlaws looks like great people and I'm happy to see that you guys look so happy. Call me when you have a chance.