Sunday, August 23, 2009

Avoidance tactics

So maybe I am just as bad as my students ... with a long list of things to complete for Monday's class, I decide to sew! Ok, my students probably wouldn't be sewing, but they would be ignoring the homework :) Today I put together two more bags for upcoming birthdays - larger than the original two (started with pieces of 8x12) which have resulted in bags about the size of a kleenex box. They'd make a nice sized makeup bag or shaving kit. I'll be putting the rest of the present inside and use it as the wrapping too. This time I use of some prairie points instead of ribbons to make a more sturdy flap to hold on to. This worked very well so I'll definitely include them in future bags. As I finishing them off I thought it would be really neat to have a custom "Burton Workshop" label I could sew it into the project. Time to go google this and see what I can come up with!

Yesterday a bit more tweaking of the new workspace in the dining room. I'm very pleased with the shelves and am finding I have soooo much more space to work now. Mitch attempted to get the dual monitor thing set up yesterday but for some reason, after installation of new drivers and everything, it never did work. Bummer :(


Only 3 more days until the girls come home. We've enjoyed our time as a couple but I noticed this weekend (especially during the day) that I was starting to really miss them. Last week I was so busy with my class that I hardly had time to think ... and knowing they were having a blast with mom and dad, it was ok. But now I'm now ready to have them home. Just 3 more days .....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle,

We are missing our kids too and decided to drive up a week earlier to pick them up than originally planned. I guess we should have a family reunion night with the Burtons when we have all been reunited.