Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sew much fun!









Both girls are enrolled in classes at Place des Arts this week - they look forward to this week every year. Who wouldn't love to use great art supplies in such a creative atmosphere with excellent mentors? I know I would (though there are NO classes for adults during this time - not fair!) Their first class of the day is hand sewing and they both came home excited to show me their sewing books and pin cushions. During the afternoon at home it wasn't long before they had grand plans to sew their own doll. I did my best to guide them, encouraging a pattern, thick bodies, short running stitches etc etc ..... Tessa was pleased to learn the quilting way to tie a knot and the end of the thread and can't wait to show her teacher tomorrow. I don't think the dolls will become heirlooms or anything but they sure had fun!

No comments: