Thursday, April 29, 2010

Wow!

After weeks of stressing over my graduate course ... at times cursing it ..... I end up having my instructor arrive Wednesday night to watch my presentation. Might I add that no one else in my group were "observed" - I was just lucky because I was the last to present.  I really had no idea how it went and if I had met all the criteria, I just knew that there was a logical flow and there was personal reflection.  All this connecting my study to the research and data had definitely been something I had been working on but really had no idea if it was done correctly ... or if it even made sense.  During my 20 minutes ( or more ... I'm pretty sure I went over) I observed the type of body language that told me most people were with me.  My instructor is a really deep thinker and works on an entirely different level than me so to see him lean forward in his seat either meant I had said something good (and I really wish I knew what it was) OR that his back was killing him after sitting on those hard chairs all evening :)  When this email arrived today it was quite a surprise, but also very meaningful.  It is once again confirmation that even with all my struggles with this course, I am succeeding.  Cool!

No comments: