Friday, July 16, 2010

Making Waves

We'll summer finally arrived after a lot of whining and crying and boy did it arrive.  Last week we went from 15 degrees celsius to 33 degrees!!! To say it was a shock was an understatement.  We were very thankful for Spani pool as we spent quite a few afternoons up there cooling off.  This week, even with slightly cooler temperatures, I was easily convinced to go up there after picking the girls up after their afternoon classes at Places des Arts.   As I watched them jumping in and out of the pool, I noticed that these brand new bathing suits purchased back in April were already droopy! Ahhhhh!  What was I doing wrong???  They should be able to hold their shape longer than that.  After doing a bit of research it became clear that I've been handling the cleaning of bathing suits completely wrong ..... for my entire life by the looks of it! :(   Between washing and drying them in the machine (huge no-no) and hanging them out in the sun to dry (no-no #2), the material had been completely destroyed .  So today we made a trip to the store to purchase new suits and when we got home from the pool there was a short demo for the girls on how to wash them out properly.  Here's hoping that there are no more droopy Burton butts around here !

No comments: