Monday, March 19, 2007

Home Improvement

Finished ... finally! We've been sleeping in a mint green room for at least a decade so it was time for a change. Once I ripped off the flower border, there was no turning back. Down came the vertical blinds, out moved my desk with all of the books. The main wall had been lovingly sponge painted in 3 colors, one being a gloss, which I now regretted slightly as I had to sand (by hand) the entire wall. I don't think I'll try that affect again :( Finally I was ready to paint and the mint walls were transformed by the new color - tiramisu (benjamin moore CC-486). It a nice neutral that allowed me to try out a bunch of different accent colors. Mitch liked the white against the walls. I did too but the merlot curtains felt more luxurious to me. I must have spent over a week trying to find a curtain rod that would span the entire wall without costing me a mint. We finally ended up at Ikea (why didn't I think of them first?) and was able to purchase the rod, finials and supports for under $30! The white curtains ended up in Tessa's room - thank goodness as I was not really wanted to go through the whole return process. All that is left to do is put in the baseboards (its on Mitch's to do list) and purchase a new comforter ... the one we have is meant for a double, which doesn't quite fit our new queen size bed, hang a few pictures and get some bed side lamps (getting rid of the green globe lamp ... any takers?). Looking for some feedback on colors for the bedspread -should I go for one that matches the curtains or something else?

No comments: