Thursday, August 28, 2008

Leadership camp


























The girls and I have just returned from two days up at Loon Lake, north of Maple Ridge. The UBC camp we stayed at was gorgeous even with all of the rain. And boy did it rain! With this being the girls' 4th year at camp they jumped right in and joined up with student groups from my school (15-17 year olds). Yesterday afternoon we spent doing adventure activities: rock climbing, HIGH ropes and canoeing. Yes they participated in all of them. Tessa was one of the first kids to climb up a 50 foot pole and walk across a cable holding onto a rope. Kinda puts your heart in your mouth as she does this but she was tied on, no circus stuff going on here. Once your 7 year old does it, you pretty much have to at least try to keep up. I was the last one to climb up (did I mention I really don't like heights?), and it was really cool hearing my students cheering me on as I shuffled along the cable refusing to look down. I really don't think that I'll be taking up rock climbing and the like, any time soon, but I'm sure glad that I did it once!

No comments: