Sunday, October 5, 2008

Keeping Busy

Friday was Alexandra's first basketball game of the season. Unfortunately the team's jersey's hadn't arrived so we ended up wearing the black ones from last year. The girls did well for only 2 practices ... and there is a lot of potential there - now if I can just harness it! Such a difference from last year where I was hoarse before the first half was over ... this time I had girls who knew which direction we were going and what half court meant!

The rest of the weekend was spent pretty much inside as the weather was at times horrible. Its definitely autumn! I spent a bunch of time searching the internet for new Xmas gift ideas for the girls to make. This year Tessa has a male teacher so the gifts of the past would just not work. I realize it is only October but getting some of the easy stuff out of the way makes the whole season so much nicer. Christmas cards also need to be created so this year I decided a bit of recycling was in order - you should see the stack that I have saved from past years. I'm quite pleased with the result so hopefully I can get a bunch done soon so that I can refocus my energy on the Christmas newsletter. So much has happened this year it will be interested how I end up keeping it to one page!

No comments: