

Tessa and Alex have both been involved in public speaking over the past week or two in class. Alex chose to present on Kids food in France and Tessa talked about ... what else, her cats :) In a rather nonchalant manner, little Miss Tessa informed me today that she was presenting this afternoon. When it all came out, she was one of 4 kids picked to present to all of the grades 2 and 3s along with parents. Most of the kids held their papers in front of their faces (making it hard for parents to take pictures) and mumbled into the microphone. When it was her turn to go up, she looked so at ease. I can't imagine that I would have been so relaxed when I was 8! Her voice was clear, with great enunciation and lots of fantastic eye contact. Not the deer in headlights look that a number of the presenters had and she didn't read directly from her script. Actually the script was only the first four or five words from each sentence and she did a great job of remembering the rest (helped that she was willing to practice). She even got a laugh out of all the parents when she described the kinds of human food Oscar liked to eat! I think we have a natural here!
No comments:
Post a Comment