Another Halloween done. The week has been full of activities ... parties at Girl Guides, parties at school. Alexandra found that middle school was a bit different, but in a good way. They were allowed to wear their costume for the full day though no parties, and they walked over to a haunted house near the school for a bit of a walking field trip. The girls helped me bake and decorate some bulging eye mummies for their parties at Guides and Brownies.
The weatherman really got it wrong this year ... telling it was going to be rainy. Saturday arrived and the wind blew all the clouds away for a near perfect Halloween evening! Frank, Tanya, Darren and Mackendra came by and joined the Santiago St. trick or treat gang. Their costumes were amazing!! Frank did his best to scare as many of the kids on the street as possible - it was hilarious! I was impressed by just how many of the adults made the effort to dress up ... maybe I'll do it next year ... we'll see. I stayed home and handed out candy to well over 100 kids, thank goodness around 8pm things completely died down. I was getting very worried I was going to run out!
Our newest Halloween experience was roasting pumpkin seeds. Alex and I roasted a pan of them in the oven and they were a hit with everyone. I guess we've added one more thing onto our Halloween todo list for next year.

No comments:
Post a Comment