My very first turkey dinner ... so many people I knew were shocked that I had never done this by myself before now. A big thank you to Steve and Tracy for sharing their experience with me so that I could pull this off - the call from the turkey hotline and chef Steve this morning was key to the success of the day. This meal was by far the biggest meal that I have ever done on my own - sausage stuffing, turkey, mashed potatoes, carrots, gravy, pumpkin pie and lemon meringue pie. I may start liking this cooking thing yet! A big thank you to Dorothy for answering my 101 questions about everything from pie shells and pumpkin pies to turkeys and turkey soup. It was really cool to have the kids drooling over the entire meal (a somewhat unusual event) and devouring it all. It might have had something to do with us skipping lunch, but I definitely think they enjoyed it. Gordon has said that he would definitely come back again - thats good news! I sure wouldn't want to cook like this all of the time, but I'm feeling a lot more confident about putting something like this together in the future. Best part - tomorrow's turkey sandwiches :)
I am thankful for time together as a family, support of friends and family, and good health. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment