Monday, October 18, 2010

Skipping School to get involved!

Mackenna, Anika Tessa, Lauren and Mr. McGovern (their Principal)

Its been a busy couple of days for both Alex and Tessa.  Last Friday Alexandra headed down to Roger's Arena to be a part of a We Day put on by the Free the Children Foundation.  She had the opportunity to hear Martin Sheen, Rick Hansen, Rev. Jesse Jackson and Al Gore speak.  I watched part of it online and was thrilled that she was in the midst of those 18000 keen students.  It would be impossible to come out of such an event and NOT be inspired to make a difference!

Tessa has been involved in a district choir that ended up singing three songs at the Youth and Child Symposium today down at the Sheraton Wall Center.  Seventy students have been meeting for the past 3 weeks to work on their songs and from what I heard, they sounded pretty good!  This morning I dropped her off at Como Lake Middle at 6:40 am (ugh) where they boarded the bus for their adventure.  There was quite a bit of excitement in the room even at that hour! 

Its been a good couple of days for the girls but I must admit I will enjoy sleeping in until 7:30 am tomorrow :)

1 comment:

Tanya Johnson said...

Hi Michelle,

Let's get together soon. Do dinner or something.

Tanya